20 Jan Weight loss is about changing your life & mind–NOT about changing your body!
Weight loss is about changing your life & mind–NOT about changing your body!
Weight loss starts with your head! You have to be ready (mentally) for this change. Your brain is VERY powerful & if your head is not in the game you simply cannot succeed.
A healthy lifestyle means 24/7. I’m not talking about starvation diets, quick fixes, or severe calorie restrictions. I’m talking about enjoying your food and enjoying your life.
My sister & I, several years ago, changed our entire approach with our clients. We felt like they needed us more outside the studio then directly with us in the studio. Our average client weight-trains with us 2-4x per week. During the time they have outside a session with us, they work on goals and homework we give them to help eventually create that sustained lifestyle.
In fact, for this purpose, we created the ladder-to-lifestyle-success. Each week there is a different lifestyle goal that our clients strive to meet. One might include getting 8 hours of sleep each night for the next week. (Insert part of the table). We have categories we focus on each week, because again, if you don’t change your mind, you body will NOT follow!
We challenge you to pick 1-2 lifestyles you would like to start implementing in your life. Examples could include:
1. Be prepared with a protein shake (bought from TF) for your snacks
2. Drink more water during the course of your day! Strive for 64 ounces!
3. Spend Sunday evening preparing a schedule of your week (make sure to include your workouts and time for yourself to relax!)
4. Striving to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
5. Journaling your thoughts every night, so you can go to bed with a clear head.
6. Always wake up with a positive mind!!! (Key to success! I always say to my daughters & myself…it’s going to be a GREAT DAY!)